Now that you know what gamification is, let’s talk about the ways in which it promotes deeper understanding in learning.
We’re already jumping on board — if you are interested in learning Pardot, check out our new, gamified Pardot e-learning offering, Ascent!
Anyways, back to gamification.
Making work or learning more like a game can be very motivating. Think about it; to study, would you rather read a textbook, or play a game?
And the facts back it up.
In a TalentLMS study,
- 89% of those surveyed stated that a point system would boost their engagement
- 62% stated that they would be motivated to learn if leaderboards were involved and they had the opportunity to compete with other colleagues
- 82% are in favor of multiple difficulty levels and explorable content
- Almost 80% of the learners say that they would be more productive if their university/institution or work was more game-like
So, gamification clearly helps motivate students — but how does that translate in terms of effectiveness?
A study by eLearning Guild found that students scored:
- 14% higher in skill-based assessments
- 11% higher in terms of factual knowledge
- 9% increase in retention rates
Here are some great real-life examples of businesses using gamification:
How can you best introduce gamification into your business?
According to TalentLMS, the most preferred gamification features include:
- Progressing to different levels (30%)
- Points/scores (27%)
- Real time feedback on performance (26%)
- Progress bars (25%)
- Activity feeds (24%)
The least preferred gamification techniques seem to include:
- Competition with friends (13%)
- Virtual gifts (12%)
- Being part of a story/narrative (11%)
- Avatars (3%)
- Virtual currencies (2%)
In business, prioritization often comes down to dollars. If you are considering investing in gamifying your services, how does the outlook appear?
Experts are projecting that gamification is going to continue to grow at an exponential rate. Some noteworthy statistics:
- The gamification market is expected to reach $5.5 billion by 2018 (compared to $1.7 billion in 2015)
- The largest market is expected to be North America, followed by Europe
- Game-based global revenue is expected to jump from $1.5 million in 2012 to $2.3 million in 2017
Our question for you: Are you ready to get gamified?
If you enjoyed this article, please share — and if you loved it, feel free to sign up to get our newest blogs as they are posted below!
Hopefully by now you’ve heard of our new release – Ascent – the gamified e-learning solution for Pardot training. At Cloud on Tap, we think gamification is the future of learning and #CampCloud will teach you everything you need to know, starting with what Ascent actually is!
What is Gamification?
It’s the process of adding game elements and principles in a non-game context. It motivates users to participate by tapping into their basic desires for competition, status, and achievement.
A common technique is using a users’ desire for status. For instance, Ascent awards users with badges or points as they go through the levels. Competition can drive users to use a program so they can see their names on the leaderboard.
There are many benefits to gamified learning. People are less likely to remember something they read, and more likely to remember something they read and write, and even more likely to remember something that they actively DO. Now users can learn in a way that is entertaining and interesting to them, resulting in a better learning experience. Gamification also provides the user with instant feedback. A good model should challenge, involve, and teach.
Gamification aims to increase:
- Engagement – Makes work seem like play.
- Influence – Your content influences the audience and makes you the expert.
- Loyalty – Provide convenience and your clients will come back time and again.
- User generated content – Pictures, articles, videos or even just comments!
- Time Spent – Users will spend more time on your site, using your valuable custom content.
- Virality – Incentivize a user to share your product through social media and reach a wider audience.
Gamfication is a great way to align a business’ objectives with their customers’ motivations. It is changing the way people learn and we think it’s the wave of the future. Try it – playing games with work is a great way to build a better relationship with your clients.
To learn more about gaining access to Ascent, complete the form below:
It’s summertime and we’re feeling nostalgic. Summer camp, lake swimming, hiking, campfires… all fun things you can’t really do in Charleston, SC in the summer. It’s hot here!
So we’re spending our time in the great indoors building amazing content for our readers instead.
For the rest of this summer our awesome team will be publishing blog posts covering the basics and going in depth with some great tips and tricks for the following categories:
- Pardot 101
- Marketing Automation 101
- Salesforce 101
We’ll continue to update our Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest and would love for you to join us if you haven’t already!
Additionally, a couple of the upcoming blog posts will also go more into what gamification is and why it’s the key to our new 24/7, on demand Pardot e-learning modules… You’ve probably seen all the tweets and posts about Ascent: Pardot Gamified E-Learning. Excited is not a big enough word for how we feel about it. After years of training businesses of all sizes how to use Pardot, we finally took all the tips, tricks, best practices, and regular training that were in our heads and put it “on paper” so to speak. As Project Coordinators we try hard to pass on all of our knowledge and be there around the clock to answer every question, but it’s not always realistic. Ascent has made that possible for us and we’re very proud of the e-learning modules that our clients can now use as stand alone or in addition to a standard onboarding!
Well, that’s it for this little bit of housekeeping. We can’t wait for you to see what we have in store for #CampCloud and hope you subscribe to stay up to date!
Ascent: Pardot Gamified E-Learning is LIVE and available to all new and existing Cloud on Tap clients.
Learning marketing automation can be like climbing a mountain: overwhelming, discouraging and exhausting. Sometimes new users feel like they’ll never reach the summit. That’s why we created Ascent. It is a self-paced, E-Learning journey through Pardot.
It’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week-
Learn Pardot at your convenience.
79% of employees said that they would be more productive if their work was more game-like (Talent LMS)
During your ascent you will learn about:
- Importing fields, Users, and Prospects
- Technical Setup- DNS, Tracker Domain, and Website Tracking
- Landing Pages
- Email Templates
- List Emails
- Automation Rules
- Drip Programs
- Marketing Best Practices
- Pardot Pro Tips
Gamified e-learning is the future and we are excited to be the first and only Pardot Partner to offer this to our clients. It’s a fun, effective way to learn all the different areas of Pardot. You will earn badges as you level up from anchor to the summit and your scores will compete with other onboarding teams to get onto our leader board.
To learn more about gaining access to Ascent, complete the form below: