Hopefully by now you’ve heard of our new release – Ascent – the gamified e-learning solution for Pardot training. At Cloud on Tap, we think gamification is the future of learning and #CampCloud will teach you everything you need to know, starting with what Ascent actually is!
What is Gamification?
It’s the process of adding game elements and principles in a non-game context. It motivates users to participate by tapping into their basic desires for competition, status, and achievement.
A common technique is using a users’ desire for status. For instance, Ascent awards users with badges or points as they go through the levels. Competition can drive users to use a program so they can see their names on the leaderboard.
There are many benefits to gamified learning. People are less likely to remember something they read, and more likely to remember something they read and write, and even more likely to remember something that they actively DO. Now users can learn in a way that is entertaining and interesting to them, resulting in a better learning experience. Gamification also provides the user with instant feedback. A good model should challenge, involve, and teach.
Gamification aims to increase:
- Engagement – Makes work seem like play.
- Influence – Your content influences the audience and makes you the expert.
- Loyalty – Provide convenience and your clients will come back time and again.
- User generated content – Pictures, articles, videos or even just comments!
- Time Spent – Users will spend more time on your site, using your valuable custom content.
- Virality – Incentivize a user to share your product through social media and reach a wider audience.
Gamfication is a great way to align a business’ objectives with their customers’ motivations. It is changing the way people learn and we think it’s the wave of the future. Try it – playing games with work is a great way to build a better relationship with your clients.
To learn more about gaining access to Ascent, complete the form below: